Teaching and Learning
Instilling a lifelong love of learning
We want our pupils to reach their full potential when they are with us - and throughout their lives. That’s why we focus on creating motivated, independent, lifelong learners.
Our curriculum is based on the national curriculum and is rich and inspiring, but more importantly it is adaptable. Pupils are involved in planning what and how they learn, so the curriculum reflects their interests and their needs. Our topic-based learning develops English and maths skills alongside the arts, humanities and PE.
We have a stimulating and interesting learning environment which helps all of the children to learn and enjoy their experiences. Features of our environment include:
- Key stage 1 and early year foundation stage (EYFS) playground
- Key stage 2 playground
- Play equipment on both playgrounds
- Woodland area with storytelling chair and outdoor classroom
- Pond area
- Activity zone
- Quiet area
- School field
- Outdoor area for every class
- Shared areas for learning groups
- Well-resourced library
- Computing suite and iPads for use in classrooms
- School hall used for assemblies, PE lessons, music lessons and performances.